Read More
Night Recap - May 22, 2026
8 hours ago
ImmD crackdown targets moonlighting domestic helpers arresting 17
19-05-2026 17:52 HKT
One dead, four injured in Jordan flat fire, 200 residents evacuated
22-05-2026 00:48 HKT




Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po will hold a press conference at 11.30am Monday to announce details of the new round of Consumption Voucher Scheme.
Jessie Wong Hok-ling, the head of the Budget and Tax Policy Unit of the Financial Secretary's Office, will also attend.
Chan said earlier in his Budget that around 6.6 million Hongkongers will get electronic consumption vouchers worth HK$10,000 from mid-April at the earliest, which is double the amount given out last year.
The 6.3 million citizens who got the HK$5,000 voucher last year will have no choice but to receive their first installment of HK$5,000 voucher in mid-April in the same stored-value platform they opted for last year among Octopus, Tap & Go, Alipay HK, or WeChat Pay.
New platforms will join the scheme, and citizens can choose to receive their second installment of another HK$5,000 from these institutions in the summer. However, a government source said authorities are still in discussion with stored-value corporations for a possible partnership.
The vouchers will be dispensed in two one-off installments of HK$5,000 each, but 300,000 citizens who are getting the vouchers for the first time will be receiving their first installment in the summer.
