Read More
HK movie producer Raymond Wong Pak-ming convicted of insider dealing
22-05-2026 17:10 HKT
Swire Properties wins compulsory auction for $2.02b Quarry Bay property
22-05-2026 20:36 HKT
Hong Kong’s labor chief Chris Sun Yuk-han said on Friday that there will be no change to the cost structure of fees for Indonesian helpers coming to work in Hong Kong, after the official met with the acting consul-general of Indonesia.
Sun said the Indonesian government told him that the Indonesian agency association that visited Hong Kong last week to discuss a "new HK$5,000 fee for employers" did not speak on behalf of the government.
He said the association’s announcement has led to a misunderstanding that the Indonesian government is on board with the change.
Sun stressed that the SAR government’s position is that whatever change is being made or being contemplated for the hiring of Indonesian foreign domestic helpers, it should not increase the burden of Hong Kong employers, nor should it affect the opportunities for employment of Indonesian helpers in Hong Kong.
He added any changes made to the cost structure of fees for hiring Indonesian helpers must be discussed between the two governments.
