Read More
Night Recap - May 21, 2026
7 hours ago
ImmD crackdown targets moonlighting domestic helpers arresting 17
19-05-2026 17:52 HKT
Three more patients, including a mother and son infected with the coronavirus are being investigated, health officials said in an update.
These patients take the total tally of patients to 1,113 in Hong Kong, the Center for Health Protection said.
Two of the patients, the 47-year-old female and 10-year-old boy, live in Pine View, Midvale Village, Discovery Bay and had been to Russia between February 2 and June 2. They had been asymptomatic and admitted to Princess Margaret Hospital.
All the patients had a travel history during the virus incubation period.
The other patient, a 32-year-old woman, had returned from Indonesia and had been to the country between February 5 and June 14. She was transferred from AsiaWorld-Expo to home quarantine and had links to the 47-year-old woman in Discovery Bay.
The Hospital Authority, said as at noon today, 1,067 patients with confirmed or probable infection have been discharged.
Also, a 38-year-old man was sentenced to immediate imprisonment for 14 days by the Eastern Magistrates' Courts today for violating the compulsory quarantine law. Before the 14-day home quarantine order ended, he had tried to leave Hong Kong but was stopped by Immigration Department staff at Shenzhen Bay Control Point on March 7.
