HK relaxes public gathering cap to four peopleLocal | 23 Feb 2021 6:19 pm
The number of persons allowed in group gatherings in public places has been relaxed from two to four, with relevant amendments taking effect at midnight tonight, the government announced today.
The expiry dates of the relevant regulations will be extended to September 30, 2021.
The Government will also extend the expiry dates for the below regulations from March 31, 2021, for six months to September 30, 2021:
(1) Compulsory Quarantine of Certain Persons Arriving at Hong Kong Regulation (Cap. 599C)
(2) Prevention and Control of Disease (Disclosure of Information) Regulation (Cap. 599D)
(3) Compulsory Quarantine of Persons Arriving at Hong Kong from Foreign Places Regulation (Cap. 599E)
(4) Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F)
(5) Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap. 599G)
(6) Prevention and Control of Disease (Regulation of Cross-boundary Conveyances and Travellers) Regulation (Cap. 599H)
(7) Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap. 599I)
A government spokesman said extending the expiry dates of the relevant regulations does not imply that the restrictions currently imposed under those regulations would be maintained until the corresponding expiry dates.
“Rather, the relevant statutory framework has provisions in place to allow flexibility such that the Government may tighten or relax or even suspend specific requirements and conditions subject to developments of the epidemic situation,” the spokesman added.