Read More
An additional three staff of the Royal Garden Hotel were diagnosed with the coronavirus, pushing the cluster’s tally to four, health officials report today.
ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
The Centre for Health Protection said it has recorded eight additional confirmed coronavirus cases – one imported and seven local – including one local case with unidentifiable sources, bringing the tally to 5,170 cases.
Dr. Chuang Shuk-kwan of the Centre for Health Protection said that the one local case with unidentifiable sources is a 25-year-old man who lives on 108 Ki Lung Street in Prince Edward. He felt discomfort and seek medical attention at HK Sanatorium and Hospital on October 7.
There were also six local patients epidemiologically linked with other local cases.
Three patients were from the Royal Garden Hotel cluster, all three of them being hotel staff.
The three include a 58-year-old man who works at the coffee shop “The Greenery” at the hotel, he has been asymptomatic.
A 46-year-old technician and a 35-year-old waiter who works at the Italian restaurant in the hotel were also included.
Chuang said the four hotel staff infected were all men, suspected that they were infected while sharing the staff lounge. Over 300 male staff that have used the lounge have been arranged for testing.
“Specimen bottles have also been distributed to all hotel staff and residents,” Chuang added.
The other three local patients were related to previously confirmed cases.
The one imported case is a returnee from India.

Three staff from the Royal Garden Hotel were infected with the coronavirus, pushing the hotel cluster's tally to four.
















