Read More
Night Recap - May 22, 2026
8 hours ago
ImmD crackdown targets moonlighting domestic helpers arresting 17
19-05-2026 17:52 HKT
One dead, four injured in Jordan flat fire, 200 residents evacuated
22-05-2026 00:48 HKT




KFC says it shut down its outlet at Ming Yuen Court in North Point after a member of staff was confirmed to be infected with the coronavirus.
The company says the worker is the sister of a 57-year-old woman who was earlier confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus on Monday after visiting the North Point temple at the center of a growing outbreak.
Five others who visited the Fook Wai Ching She Buddhist temple recently have been diagnosed with the coronavirus, with sources saying another person has also tested positive.
KFC said in a statement that it has thoroughly disinfected the branch in question and has thrown away all the food. The outlet will not open again until March 9.
Other members of staff have not shown any symptoms, the fast food giant said, but it had asked them to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days.
The number of confirmed cases announced by the Centre for Health Protection so far stands at 81.
