Read More
IT manager sentenced to 22 months for stealing $1.2m in Deloitte laptops
21-08-2026 21:49 HKT
Animal lover Jojo remembered for a life dedicated to saving stray dogs
21-08-2026 13:46 HKT
A 25-year-old Hong Kong man was found dead at his home in Greater Manchester earlier this week, with the Immigration Department confirming it had received a request for assistance from his family.
The man, identified by police as Leung Tsun Hin, was found dead inside an apartment on Frederick Road in Salford on August 19.
Salford Police said in a social media post on Thursday (Aug 20) that officers had been unable to contact his next of kin and appealed for information to help locate his family.
Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious following an initial investigation.
The police appeal prompted concern among Hong Kong communities in Manchester, with local groups sharing the notice and urging anyone who knew Leung or his family to contact police.
The spelling of Leung's name also prompted speculation on social media that he was from Hong Kong.
There were reports online that Leung had previously studied at The Chinese University of Hong Kong and was in Britain as an overseas student. The details could not be independently verified.
Hong Kong's Immigration Department said on Saturday (Aug 22) that it had received a request for assistance from the family and was providing appropriate assistance according to their wishes.