Read More
HK movie producer Raymond Wong Pak-ming convicted of insider dealing
22-05-2026 17:10 HKT
Swire Properties wins compulsory auction for $2.02b Quarry Bay property
22-05-2026 20:36 HKT




Motorists have to endure longer traveling times during the morning rush hour on Monday - the first working day after the newly-implemented HKeToll system at the Cross Harbour Tunnel.
At 9 am this morning, motorists on their way to work from the Kowloon side to the Island side were caught in traffic congestion on Princess Margaret Road as usual, but the queue has extended to as far as Hung Hom Divisional Police Station and even towards Pui Ching Middle School as of 10 am.
A taxi driver told reporters that the wait had added 5 to 10 more minutes to his traveling time compared to last week’s trips.
Despite the longer wait before passing through the tunnel, traffic was generally smooth when motorists arrived at the tunnel entrance, with tunnel personnel and police officers on standby in case of any issues.
Commissioner for Transport Rosanna Law Shuk-pui said around 5,200 vehicles passed through the tunnel from 7 am to 8 am this morning, similar to the average of 5,400 during the same time slot in the last two weeks, but no queues were observed on some roads, including Chatham Road North and Wuhu Street possibly due to the commencement of the e-toll system.

