Travel bubble launch date deferred due to Singapore epidemic situation

Local | 17 May 2021 5:38 pm

The travel bubble scheduled to launch on May 26 will be deferred due to the recent Covid-19 epidemic situation in Singapore, the government announced today. 

The government said Hong Kong and Singapore will continue to closely monitor the epidemic situation in both places, including the effectiveness of the enhanced anti-epidemic measures introduced by the Singapore government. 

The measures have taken effect from yesterday and will last until June 13. Within the period both sides will continue to maintain communication, exchange relevant data and statistics, and review developments closely before deciding on the way forward with the inaugural flights, the government said.  

The government added that a further announcement will be made on or before June 13. 

The government also stressed that both sides remain strongly committed to launching the travel bubble scheme with a view to resuming air travel between the two regional aviation hubs in a gradual and orderly manner under stringent healthcare measures. 

It reminded travellers who have made bookings on designated flights during the period to contact airlines and adjust the itineraries accordingly. 

The inaugural flights of travel bubble targeted to take off in November last year, yet the scheme was delayed as the fourth wave of Covid-19 hit Hong Kong at that time.



Search Archive

Advanced Search
June 2021
S M T W T F S

Today's Standard