Fairchild Kindergarten shares useful tips on hygieneEducation | 10 Mar 2020
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its subsequent spread throughout the world has necessitated extra vigilance on hygiene on everyone’s part.
At this critical time, Fairchild Kindergarten shares a positive message and supports the community by providing a variety of useful educational materials on preventing the COVID-19 virus. The materials created by Winsy Poon, Education and Parents Consultant of Fairchild Kindergarten, focus on three main themes, viz, ways to protect oneself from getting sick; the importance of washing hands; and hand washing in 8 steps
Among the means to prevent sickness, washing hands is easy and one of the most effective ways as it can reduce germs from transmitting to home, workplace, childcare facilities and hospitals.
When to wash our hands?
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick
- After using the toilet
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
Hand washing in 8 steps - 20 seconds
1. Get your hands wet with water and soap
2. Rub palms for 10 seconds
3. Rub the back of your hands for 10 seconds
4. Rub between fingers.
5. Scrub around your thumb.
6. Don’t forget your finger nails.
7. Rub your wrists.
8. Rinse the lather off, dry your hands with paper towel, and use the paper towel to turn off the tap
Watch the videos