NSW searching for engineers, nurses

Overseas Property | 13 May 2021

Good news is in store for skilled workers looking to live in Australia's cultural capital, Sydney.

The Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) is a provisional visa that allows skilled workers to live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia for five years. Applicants must be nominated by an Australian state, which looks for candidates working in critical sectors in the state.

New South Wales has recently expanded its Skilled Occupation List for 491 visas in regional and rural areas.

While the trend in Sydney and elsewhere is strongly in favor of engineering, building trades and health professions like nursing, some regions seek bakers, hairdressers and even footballers.

Other popular NSW cities such as Newcastle are looking for programmers, chefs and horse trainers, while Central Coast wants teachers, social workers and physiotherapists.

There is a healthy demand in Far South Coast and Orana for those in finance-sector jobs such as accountants and auditors too, so don't cross yourself out! See the full list on the NSW government's website.

Search Archive

Advanced Search
June 2021

Today's Standard