Primary Four to Form Two students to resume classes on MondayLocal | 6 Jun 2020 2:14 pm
Education chief has confirmed that students from Primary Four to Form Two will resume classes next Monday, despite fears of recent coronavirus infections cluster in Sha Tin's public housing block.
Secretary for Education Kevin Yeung Yun-hung said the bureau has kept close in contact with schools in the Sha Tin district, where seven residents of Luk Chuen House at Lek Yuen Estate were confirmed with Covid-19, as parents with children studying in the district voiced concerns.
Speaking on a radio program this morning, Yeung assured schools in the area would be following safety measures once the class resumes.
“We have discussed with medical experts and will go ahead with resuming classes on Monday, but I believe schools will be more careful in their preparation work,” Yeung said.
His comment was made following the evacuation of 100 residents of Luk Cheun House from flats numbered 12 and 10 on all floors earlier this week, after five residents from three flats numbered 12 and one from numbered 10 tested positive with the virus. Another two residents from other units on the eighth floor were also infected.
Authorities and residents worried that the sewage system of the 15-story building at the old public housing estate could have caused the spread of Covid-19.