Three new virus cases bring total to 56

Local | 14 Feb 2020 5:10 pm

Communicable Disease Branch head of the Centre for Health Protection, Chuang Shuk-kwan, said today there are three new confirmed coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 56, with one death.

The 54th case lives in Shek O, work as a clerk, and is a cousin of the 53rd case. She attended a family gathering, which included Hong Mei House cases, at a Chinese restaurant in North Point on January 26.

A total of 25 adults and four children attended the gathering, and six people are confirmed with the virus so far.

The 55th case is a 70-year-old man who lives on his own in the Shek Lei Estate in Kwai Chung. He was taken to the Princess Margaret Hospital by a friend after he fell, and had symptoms of shortness of breath and fever. He is currently being intubated.

Chaung said he had been to Lok Ma Chau on January 22, but they do not have other details yet.

The 56th case is a 61-year-old dim sum lady who lives in Sheung Wan. She had symptoms of shortness of breath and fever on Wednesday and visited the Queen Mary Hospital yesterday.

Her husband had visited their son in Guangdong province between January 23 and 28, but they are not confirmed with the virus.

Hospital Authority Chief Manager of Patient Safety and Risk Management, Sara Ho, said five patients, including the 55th case, are in a critical condition, four are serious while the rest are stable.

In the past 24 hours, 36 suspected cases have been reported.

Search Archive

Advanced Search
February 2020
S M T W T F S

Today's Standard



Yearly Magazine

Yearly Magazine