Residents spared home visit to renew permits

Monday, September 28, 2020

Hong Kong and Macau residents will not need return to renew or replace their home return permits, mainland authorities announced.

The National Immigration Administration said today that from October 10, residents can apply for renewal or replacement of the Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau Residents, also known as the home return permit, at any county-level city's entry-exit administration of the Ministry of Public Security.

Until today's announcement, Hong Kong and Macau residents had to return home to apply for reissue of their permit due to loss or expiration, after obtaining a one-time return pass from the mainland.-Photo: The National Immigration Administration