Macau's football chiefs say they will not send a team to Sri Lanka for a World Cup qualifying match this week, citing security fears following the Easter suicide attacks.
Macau had been due to play Sri Lanka tomorrow in the second leg of a qualifying first-round clash.
The Macau Football Association said it had decided not to send a team "due to the recent terrorist attack in Sri Lanka and for the sake of the team's personal safety."
The MFA said it had asked FIFA, the Asian Football Confederation and Sri Lanka's footballing authorities to switch the match to a neutral venue but the request had yet to be granted.
"MFA will have to put our players' personal safety as a priority. And, in the view of the fact that we cannot guarantee the safety of the team while they are in Sri Lanka, we cannot afford to take the risk," the statement said.
Macau won the first leg 1-0 at home on Thursday thanks to a second-half goal from Filipe Duarte as the first round of Asian qualifying for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar got under way.