All $4,000 handout applicants confirmedLocal | Charlotte Luo 21 May 2019
All 3.44 million residents that applied for the HK$4,000 handout have received confirmation messages, the government said.
Applications for the Caring and Sharing Scheme ended last month, and the government said any applicants who haven't received a confirmation message should contact the government at 3897-1088 or email@example.com before June 30.
If the government confirms that their applications have not been received, they will be allowed to re-submit it. The Working Family Allowance Office is now vetting applicants' eligibility and will disburse payments to successful applicants via autopay or cash checks.
Under the scheme, Hong Kong permanent residents aged 18 or above will get up to HK$4,000 if they don't own property nor benefit from government allowances.
Those given tax breaks will get a difference of the concessionary amount and the HK$4,000.