Wednesday, September 2, 2015   

CY denies cut of mainland visitors by 20pc
(05-27 14:21)

Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying says Hong Kong will study how to slow -- or even halt -- the surge in visitor arrivals before revamping facilities to cope with the influx.
Speaking ahead of the weekly Executive Council meeting, Leung said no proposals had yet been drawn up, and local views on the issue were still being collected.
He also denied media reports that the government is considering cutting the number of mainland visitors by 20 percent. --RTHK   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
Sunny spots forecast for rainy Friday (10 mins ago)
Sheraton serves up Helena Rubinstein offer (27 mins ago)
Cathay begins Düsseldorf flights (44 mins ago)
Nicolas Cage, Edward Snowden lined up for CLSA forum (51 mins ago)
Classic cars on parade for family fun (2 hrs 2 mins ago)
MPF account holders lost HK$14,998 each last month (2 hrs 23 mins ago)
Moussy unveils new collection in Yuen Long store (2 hrs 33 mins ago)
7,000 HKU alumni favor Johannes Chan (09-02 14:25)
Student leaders plead not guilty to unlawful assembly charges (09-02 11:55)
Thunderstorms and 70km gusts bear down on city (09-02 11:52)

More breaking news >>

© 2015 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2015, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.