Sunday, November 23, 2014   

CY says no to cutting tourist numbers
(05-27 10:37)

The Chief Executive C Y Leung says there is no plan to reduce the number of mainland visitors to Hong Kong by 20 percent -- following a number of media reports.
Speaking ahead of the weekly Executive Council meeting, Leung said there had only been discussions about tourism at a meeting of the Commission on Strategic Development on Monday -- and that no decisions had been taken.
Leung said the government is still in the process of listening to the views of the community. -- RTHK   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
(Update) Twenty hurt in Light Rail-bus crash (11-21 18:50)
Democracy activists protest outside British consulate (11-21 17:53)
Bid to appeal against injunction order rejected (11-21 17:28)
Nineteen hurt in Light Rail-bus crash (11-21 15:33)
Legco probe into CE blocked again (11-21 14:56)
Eleventh arrest over Legco break-in (11-21 14:56)
HK journalists barred from Philippines (11-21 14:54)
Six in court over Legco break-in (11-21 14:54)
Students should tone down protest: Patten (11-21 11:14)
Student leaders condemn storming of Legco building (11-20 18:32)

More breaking news >>

© 2014 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2014, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.