Saturday, May 30, 2015   

Anthony Cheung's pledge to quit
(05-19 17:57)

The Transport Secretary, Anthony Cheung Bing-leung, says he will resign immediately if an inquiry finds him responsible for the two-year delay in constructing the Hong Kong-Guangzhou high-speed rail link.
The official also insisted that he had not colluded with the MTR Corporation to cover-up the delay, saying he had never put political considerations ahead of his professional judgement.
Cheung was speaking during a discussion by Legco's railways subcommittee of the hold-up in the HK$67 billion project. Last week, the government appointed a retired judge, Justice Michael Hartmann, to head an investigation into what went wrong. --RTHK   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
(MERS virus) Three held in quarantine (05-29 17:59)
Tourism Board to spend HK$81m to promote summer activities (05-29 17:57)
MTR fees up 4.3pc (05-29 16:15)
'Long Hair' denied entry into Malaysia (05-29 15:50)
EOC urged to probe complaint against bank (05-29 15:49)
HK Electric admits liability in 12 Lamma claims (05-29 15:08)
Tai Po elderly care home license will not be renewed (05-29 13:38)
Tai Po nursing home says shower incident 'isolated' (05-29 11:27)
Galaxy S6 Iron Man edition packs extras (05-28 20:28)
Galaxy S6 edge for Iron Man fans (05-28 20:20)

More breaking news >>

© 2015 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2015, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.