Thursday, July 31, 2014   

Leung may retreat from Hongkonger homes policy
(04-01 16:00)

Chief Executive Leung Chun-ying, has indicated that the policy of giving Hong Kong residents priority when buying homes may be scrapped.
Leung said that the property market is no longer overheated, and overseas demand for flats is now very low.
He also said the market had accepted the policy and it could be relaunched if necessary.
It allows for the sale of flats at selected sites to be restricted to Hong Kong permanent residents and was tried out at two sites last year.
Leung was speaking before today's Executive Council meeting following reports that the policy is to be shelved.—RTHK

   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
Fiscal reserves down as of June (35 mins ago)
Activists refuse bail extension (07-31 12:59)
Govt slammed over staff hiring (07-31 12:59)
Tam urges more signatures overseas (07-31 11:38)
Lee Cheuk-yan urges political party legislation (07-31 11:36)
Ebola safeguards announced (07-31 10:07)
Activists plan to refuse to renew their bail (07-30 18:59)
Ng not seeking new term as LegCo FC chair (07-30 18:58)
Civil disobedience more likely: Occupy Central (07-30 14:52)
Lawmakers asked to clarify donations (07-30 13:30)

More breaking news >>

© 2014 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2014, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.