Saturday, August 29, 2015   

(Flight MH370) Pilot’s son stands by Dad
(03-27 18:48)

The youngest son of the pilot of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has dismissed speculation his father may have crashed the Boeing 777 intentionally, a media report in Malaysia says.
Ahmad Seth, son of captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, said he knew what kind of man his father was.
“I've read everything online. But I've ignored all the speculation. I know my father better,’’ Seth, 26, the New Straits Times cited him as saying.
“We may not be close as he travels so much. But I understand him,'' he added.
Zaharie, 53, along with his co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, has come under intense scrutiny after Malaysian authorities said there was “deliberate'' action by someone on the plane.
Malaysian police have already questioned the family members of the pilots and other crew and seized a flight simulator from Zaharie’s residence.
But police have not announced finding any evidence against him.
The US Federal Bureau of Investigation will complete its analysis of data deleted from the flight simulator “within a day or two,’’ its director said Wednesday in Washington.
So far, there has been no confirmed wreckage form the plane, which Malaysia said “ended’’ its flight in the southern Indian Ocean.
“Now, we are just waiting for the right confirmation [for the wreckage or bodies]... I will believe it [that there are no survivors] when I see the proof in front of my eyes,'' Ahmad Seth said.
The family of Zaharie, including his three children, have so far been avoiding the media.--AFP



   
Other China breaking news:
Susan Rice notes differences and difficulties in Sino-US relationship (08-28 19:58)
Vietnam frees 16 Chinese and six Malaysian convicts (08-28 16:52)
(Tianjin disaster) 28 including 16 firefighters still missing (08-27 22:10)
(Tianjin disaster) Tianjin Port Development says deputy chair Zheng held for ‘dereliction of duty' (08-27 20:32)
45 in Xinjiang jailed on terrorism-related charges (08-27 18:50)
Buenos Aires puts China-made subway cars to the test (08-27 12:51)
(Tianjin disaster) Tianjin Port Holdings chief and Ruihai Logistics chairman held (08-27 11:22)
National work safety chief Yang Dongliang booted out (08-26 18:52)
US and China secure clean coal deal (08-26 14:16)
Susan Rice heads for Beijing (08-25 22:06)

More breaking news >>

© 2015 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2015, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.