Friday, October 9, 2015   

Convicted British child predator caged in Cambodia
(03-24 19:31)

Convicted British pedophile Richard William Fruin, (Pictured) from Gloucestershire, is brought to Phnom Penh Municipal Court today. The Englishman was jailed for two years for sexually abusing three boys.
Judge Kim Rathnarin said Fruin was guilty of committing "indecent acts'' against the three boys.
"He will be deported from Cambodia after serving the jail term,'' the judge said, ordering Fruin to pay US$2,500 in total fines to his victims.
Fruin denied the charge against him during his trial earlier this month.
Campaign group APLE Cambodia expressed regret that the sentence was not longer but welcomed the guilty verdict and deportation order.
"We can be sure that this man will not hurt any child in Cambodia anymore,'' said Yi Moden, of APLE.
"The victims do not have to be scared that he will ever hurt them again.''
The British child predator had been charged in Cambodia with committing indecent acts against a minor under 15 years.
The former school teacher, 36, was arrested in a guest house in Phnom Penh in October last year. An 8-year-old boy was in his room, police alleged at the time. He was arrested following complaints by parents of other children sexually abused by him.
He had claimed he wanted to teach them English for free.
Britain’s Daily Mail reported last year that Fruin's known record of pedophilia goes back to 2005 when he was charged at Gloucester Crown Court with 15 counts of producing child pornography. He was released on bail and fled the country for seven years.
According to the anti-pedophile organization Action Pour Les Enfants he traveled to Africa and South East Asia before returning to the UK last year, where he was re-arrested and sentenced to one year in prison. On his release, he flew to Cambodia, the paper reported.

Other World breaking news:
Nobel winner Alexievich says don’t give in to tyrants (10-08 22:08)
Swedes demolish stateless Palestinian camp (10-08 21:44)
Hungary calls in 1,000 EU, NATO troops to halt migrants (10-08 21:40)
Overwhelmed Europe hands return tickets to migrants (10-08 21:24)
33 missing after US bombing of MSF hospital (10-08 20:54)
Israeli soldier stabbed in Tel Aviv, attacker shot (10-08 20:50)
Nobel winner Svetlana Alexievich chronicles voices of pain (10-08 20:37)
Cambodia offers US$140 minimum wage for apparel workers (10-08 17:38)
Romania says refugee tide will provoke racists (10-08 17:35)
Kick the economic migrants out, Britain tells Europe (10-08 17:21)

More breaking news >>

© 2015 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2015, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.