Friday, August 29, 2014   

(Flight MH370) Pilot bid ‘good night’
(03-12 14:32)

The last radio transmission from the cockpit of missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 to Beijing was “Alright, good night'', Kuala Lumpur's ambassador to Beijing Iskandar Sarudin reportedly said today during a meeting with Chinese relatives.
He was speaking at a Beijing hotel.
The “alright, good night'' comment from one of the pilots came as the flight switched from Malaysian to Vietnamese airspace, Singapore's Straits Times newspaper quoted the ambassador as saying.
As confusion deepens over the search area and whether Malaysian military radar tracked the aircraft, he said “now is not the time'' to reveal what information the military had supplied civilian authorities.
He also defended the crew, after an Australian television report that co-pilot Fariq Abdul Hamid, 27, violated airline rules in 2011 by allowing two young South African women into their cockpit during a flight.
Relatives told AFP the event had been “orderly,’’ in contrast to a meeting with Chinese officials on Monday, when reports said family members hurled abuse at government representatives.
Some attacked Beijing's own response as the crisis entered its fifth day.
“I think the Chinese government needs to be more active with this,'' said a man surnamed Zhang, whose daughter was on board, coming back from a business trip.
“After all, this is happening to Chinese people,'' he added.
Comments on China's hugely popular weibo microblogs were also critical.
Chinese authorities have emphasised through state-run media that they are waging an “all-out effort'' to locate the missing aircraft.—AFP

   
Other China breaking news:
Former Hohhot vice mayor sentenced to death (2 hrs 36 mins ago)
Taiwanese actor apologizes over drug use (2 hrs 57 mins ago)
Guizhou landslide toll rises to 15: report (08-29 10:57)
Former Guangxi official stands trial (08-28 18:16)
China vows to respond to US surveillance flights (08-28 17:59)
Chinese courts to be open to foreigners (08-28 17:17)
8 killed after bus plunges into valley (08-28 14:24)
Shanxi provincial officials removed from posts (08-28 11:42)
6 dead, 21 missing in Guizhou landslide (08-28 11:18)
Ex-planning chief under investigation (08-28 10:50)

More breaking news >>

© 2014 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2014, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.