Sunday, May 24, 2015   

Baby abduction case woman faces another charge
(03-12 13:22)

Another charge has been filed against a woman accused of staging the abduction of her baby.
Ng Tin-yan who had been charged with preventing the lawful burial of her daughter last December, now faces a second count of perverting the course of justice.
Kowloon City court adjourned the case for another eight weeks to allow the police to gather further evidence. Ms Ng was again remanded in custody.
She sparked a major search last November after telling the police and the media that her daughter had been snatched from her baby stroller in Kowloon City.—RTHK
   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
Max Mara and Renzo Piano unveil one of a kind work of art (05-22 18:52)
Max Mara opens flagship in commercial hub (05-22 18:41)
Access to cross-border funds will widen product range and expand client base, officials say (05-22 18:27)
Justice minister defends action against protesters (05-22 17:42)
20 children at Tai Po kindergarten infected with foot and mouth disease (05-22 16:34)
Cathay, union to hold talks on Wednesday (05-22 15:12)
Send the mainland-born boy back, says activist (05-22 14:31)
High Court starts hearing on review plea over reform (05-22 14:28)
Labor chief says nurturing local talent a priority (05-22 11:30)
HK-bound illegal sea cucumber haul seized in Mexico (05-22 10:02)

More breaking news >>

© 2015 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2015, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.