Wednesday, September 3, 2014   

Finance chief says no reason to pull all HK$1,000 notes
(01-08 14:03)

The government says it has no plans to order a total withdrawal of HK$1,000 banknotes, after high-quality fakes surfaced in Hong Kong.
The police have so far seized around 100 fake banknotes modeled on the 2003-series from Bank of China and HSBC.
The Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, K C Chan, says the Monetary Authority and banks will speed up replacing old and torn notes with the 2010 series.
He told council members during the legislature's question time that the government would boost efforts to rebuild retailers' confidence in accepting HK$1,000 notes. --RTHK
   
Other Hong Kong breaking news:
Progress needed in CE election: Tung (1 hr 14 mins ago)
Govt mulls action against McDonald's (1 hr 58 mins ago)
Investigation urged into MTR's maintenance (1 hr 58 mins ago)
Patten urges UK govt to speak out on reform (2 hrs 30 mins ago)
Ceremony marks WW2 victory against Japan (09-03 12:12)
Constraint on CE candidates 'strange' (09-03 12:09)
MTR services disrupted by crack on track (09-03 11:21)
Flight restriction on devices relaxed (09-02 19:13)
Pro-democracy group admits likely defeat (09-02 18:50)
Police arrest 22 pro-democracy protesters (09-02 17:53)

More breaking news >>

© 2014 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2014, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.