Wednesday, April 23, 2014   

Australian and male American partner caged for allowing sex abuse of infant boy adopted by fraud
(12-10 10:43)

An Australian man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison after authorities say he and his partner allowed at least eight others to have sex with their young adopted son for money.
The 36-year-old man is a resident of Queensland and is not being identified by The Associated Press to protect his son's identity. The man pleaded guilty in February to conspiracy to sexually exploit a child and to conspiracy to possess child pornography and was sentenced Monday by US District Judge Sarah Evans Barker, the Indianapolis Star reported (http://indy.st/1hIDztq ).
His partner, a 42-year-old American who had been living in Australia, was sentenced in June to the maximum 40-year sentence. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to sexually exploit a child.
According to court documents, the two men became romantically involved in the late 1990s and began trying to adopt an infant boy.
The men had been living with the boy in California, where they were able to use falsified records to legalize an adoption, according to court records obtained by The Associated Press. Court documents also said the men eventually paid US$8,000 to adopt the boy from a woman whose husband had abandoned her.
The boy was between the ages of 2 and 6 when at least eight men had sex with him.
The men were arrested last year in Los Angeles.
US Attorney Joe Hogsett says the case was prosecuted in the US District Court in Indianapolis because images of the sex acts involving the young boy were found on the computer of an Anderson man in a larger child exploitation and pornography investigation.
   
Other World breaking news:
Greece achieves primary budget surplus in 2013 (2 hrs 24 mins ago)
Thai Red Shirt activist shot dead in Bangkok (2 hrs 30 mins ago)
Justin Bieber visits Japan war shrine (04-23 17:04)
Expert says steering problem caused sinking (04-23 16:03)
Australia buys more fighter jets (04-23 13:03)
Pirates rob Japanese tanker in Malacca Strait (04-23 13:02)
SKorea ferry toll hits 146 (04-23 12:01)
(Flight MH370) Australia says cost not a concern in search operation (04-23 10:39)
Letter delayed for 45 years (04-23 10:34)
Ukraine PM to meet Pope Francis amid crisis (04-22 18:50)

More breaking news >>

© 2014 The Standard, The Standard Newspapers Publishing Ltd.
Contact Us | About Us | Newsfeeds | Subscriptions | Print Ad. | Online Ad. | Street Pts

 


Home | Top News | Local | Business | China | ViewPoint | CityTalk | World | Sports | People | Central Station | Spree | Features

The Standard

Trademark and Copyright Notice: Copyright 2014, The Standard Newspaper Publishing Ltd., and its related entities. All rights reserved.  Use in whole or part of this site's content is prohibited.   Use of this Web site assumes acceptance of the
Terms of Use, Privacy Policy Statement and Copyright Policy.  Please also read our Ethics Statement.