Portable phone chargers flunk safety tests

Local | 14 Sep 2017 12:01 pm

Some portable chargers available in Hong Kong can easily become faulty, the Consumer Council said today, warning that nearly a third of those it tested failed safety requirements.

The council said it had checks carried out on 30 portable external chargers and nine of them failed to completely pass safety tests, RTHK reports. 

Problems included poor short circuit protection or a low fire resistance level. 

One model even stopped working properly after being used just 26 times.

The consumer watchdog called on users to unplug battery chargers once they finish charging their devices and store them in a cool place. 

It said people should stop using chargers that overheat or appear to be swollen.-Photo: RTHK

Search Archive

Advanced Search
September 2017
S M T W T F S

Today's Standard



Yearly Magazine

Yearly Magazine